Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blog Post #5



PLN
PLNs: What Are They ?


What are PLNs or Personal Learning Networks? I certainly did not know before taking this course. Dr. Strange defined it best, PLN is a quality list of people and tools that you can call upon for help, consultation, collaboration, or other assistance. PLNs can be formed by blogging, using twitter, and Facebook. To create a quality PLN you should find people who share the same ideas and interests and add them to your network. As a future teacher PLNs will help me meet other teachers who can offer advice and ideas. I can also reflect on things that I have done in my classroom and share my ideas with others.  Having a quality PLN will help me to continue to be a life long learner.

In creating my own PLN I would first add Dr. Strange. He is playing a great role in  helping us connect with other teachers across the world. I would then add some of the teachers that I have observed and the ones that I will observe. Right now my PLN is small but this is just the beginning. I look forward to networking and meeting new people.

2 comments:

  1. Aneshia, I feel I have learned so much in the class too. I now realize how important it is to have a PLN. I hope to expand mine very soon. You did a great job on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Having a quality PLN will help me to continue to be a life long learner." This is a great point to make.

    Overall, good job.

    You need to have working links in every blog post.

    ReplyDelete