Thursday, May 29, 2014

Practice Blog Post

My name is Aneshia Lewis, I am from Troy, Alabama. I am currently twenty years old, I will be turning twenty-one on July 29th. I have one older brother who has Cerebral Palsy. Growing up and learning how to care for someone with special needs has been a major influence on my personal interests. I have always loved helping and caring for people with special needs. Through the years I have learned that people with special needs are no different than people without special needs, they just need a little extra care, attention, and someone to give it to them . Many people have asked why did I not chose to attend Troy University, my reason is that the University is too close to home. I wanted move away from home but not too far, and the University of South Alabama was a good school that was not too far away but also not too close to home.
When I first began school I wanted to be a Child Psychologist, my plan was to get a job at a child advocacy center to work with the children who had been abused. I quickly changed my mind after taking a research method course.I dropped the class and changed my major to elementary education after taking the first exam and I have been very pleased with my choice ever since. Like I have said before I have always loved helping and caring for people so I believe being a special needs teacher fits into what I am very passionate about. I would say that I do my best at giving advice and helping others with things they need. I would like to become better at managing my time. I am a big procrastinator. I always get my work done but it never fails that I wait until the last minute to do so.


Special Needs Quote

1 comment: