Sunday, June 8, 2014

Project #15

Search Engines



Excite is an all purpose search engine. On the home page there is an area with different links such as; air/travel, health, home and garden, and shopping. The page also has an area where people can log in to their e-mails. From the looks of the page it seems to be an older page. I probably would not use this website.


FreeBookSearch.Net is a search engine for books.The site has a simple search, advanced search, extended search, and a search audio books. I chose to do a simple search. I searched for Dr.Seuss and got back ten pages of results. I also searched for the author of our class book,and received a great list of results. I am glad I found this search engine. I would recommend this search engine to all of the book lovers.


Lexis Nexis is said to be the world's largest collection of public records, unpublished opinions, forms, and business information. The page has legal and professional solutions for law firms, corporations, and government agencies seeking legal solutions. I would probably not use this search engine.


Cheat Search is a search engine to find cheat codes to different games. I search for the Call of Duty and different websites came up with different games. I would not use this search engine because I am not a gamer.


Monster is the largest resume database and online job search. I have used this search engine before. Monster allows you to search for jobs by, job title, company name, and location. You can also upload resumes to a profile to submit with applications. I would say this is a good job searching website.


WebMD is a search engine for health information, symptom checklist, pharmacy information, and a place to store personal medical information. I have used this search engine a lot. I am the person who likes to diagnose my own illness when I think something is wrong with me. This website has confirmed many times that there was nothing wrong. This website has helped me a lot.


YouTube is a search engine for videos. YouTube have videos such as, music, instructional, and documentaries. I am a big YouTube user. You can find just about any video you are looking for on YouTube. Just type in keywords to what ever you are looking for and different videos will pop up. You can also create an account and upload your own videos.


WolframAlpha is a search engine that calculate math problems. This is a great website. WolframAlpha will be very helpful to me in my future math class. This website will also be helpful to people who need extra help or answers to math problems.
search engines

No comments:

Post a Comment